Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Smartstor NS4300N - 4-BAY Nas with Sata RAID5 for Soho/smb.english & Asia.promis

As a small footprint BYOD (Bring-Your-Own-Drives) multi-terabyte SATANetwork Attached Storage, SmartStor NS4300N provides an easy, costeffective solution for SOHO/SMB users to share files and network resources. Support up to four hot-swappable SATA 3Gb/s hard drives, NS4300N allows youto expand capacity as your needs grow at the lowest incremental cost.Comprehensive file sharing protocols support enables cross-platform fileservices for Windows, UNIX, Linux, and Macintosh. SmartStor NS4300N canhelp to maximize your ROI and productivity by providing a scalable file serviceand print service solution.

Brand: PROMISE TECHNOLOGY Model: F29NS4320000000 Dimensions: 7.41" h x 6.00" w x 9.04" l, 7.88 pounds NAS Features -File Sharing Protocols: SMB/CIFS (Microsoft), AFP (Apple/Mac), NFS (Linux/Unix) -Network Protocols: FTP, DHCP Client -Client OS Support: Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS -Client Utility OS Support: Windows

Client more useful on 29 of 30 people found this review helpful. A simple and efficient network RAID storage from Hugh Njemanze SmartStor The promise is similar to Buffalo TeraStation when I have too. Here are the differences: - The TeraStation comes pre-configured with drives as SmartStor allows you to add your own, maybe it gives you more flexibility and also allow you to save money by finding the best deal on hard drives. I configured mine with four 750GB hard drives give me three terabytes of raw storage. I chose the option of RAID 5, which is configured as 2.25 terabytes of storage available and can recover from any fault of a single unit by simply replacing the failed disk. The disadvantage of RAID 5 is slower, but is written applies to me because I use it as a media library, which means that most of the time to read and write data only once when you set the library or add media to it. The beauty of RAID 5 is that it protects all your disks in an array using only one of them as head So in a series of four discs that make the best of three (and a set of eight discs total capacity of seven). - The case design is more elegant than the TeraStation. Hard drives are very elegant and simple, and the case is usually lower when functioanlity squeeze in anyway. This construction of the box blows away the original TeraStation needed to be completely disassembled to replace a disc. The latest TeraStation Pro II Live, and now have easily removable drives, such as smart large but the case has been even greater than before. - Fan noise in the smart large is a bit higher than the TeraStation (which is the only reason I gave four stars instead of five). I put mine in the cupboard in my office and shut the door can barely tell it's there. Bottom line when it sat under my desk or I'd probably go with the TeraStation as it is quieter, otherwise I think it's smart is a big winner in any case, I will never return to unprotected storage now that I have experienced these systems. 36 of 43 people found the following review helpful. Not the best price .. Hidden defects that stuff matketing not tell .... By Lee Buskey This unit is fun to watch, but under the hood, it falls short. I will return to me when I migrate data. Synology Cube Station CS407e is only slightly more than $ 50 more and has more features, is quiet and has a user interface that has a lot more thought put. Make sure you look at them both before you buy .. The 10 questions I have the smart big: 1. It's louder than my PC! It is a show stopper there. No local second (web based) file. If you need to move large chunks of data from one action to another (see point 3) you have to move over the network and third again in the desired part Failed to rename shared folders. This is only acceptable for a missing element like a red thread in my opnion is. 4th Documentation refers only to the obvious things. No documentation on the plug-in, with the exception of rudementary and obvious. No documentation about the subtleties in how they implement the RAID and RAID recovery. 5th If you add a 1 TB drive in a RAID array of 3 disks of 750 GB, you just lost that extra 250Gig space. This is the hard drive capacity should be for the other volumes ... 6th Rebuilding a RAID 5 750GB took well over 24 hours .. 7th Expanding a RAID 5 for a foruth (1 TB) hard drive to add, is even worse. Mine is continuing for three days and is only about 65% done. 8th Some documentation says that it works with XBOX 360, other documents say it is not suported in FR4 and the firmware will be supported, which is said to appear in August, it is mid-October, still not there .. At best, they are not just keeping their documentation. I could not see my 360, with all updates applied. 9th FTP server deletes a user logged in the volume instead.

0 comments:

Post a Comment