Sunday, October 9, 2011

StarTech.com 3.5-Inch eSATA USB Dual Removable SATA RAID External Hard Drive Enclosure (S352U2RER)

This eSATA/USB External Dual SATA Hot-swap Hard Drive Enclosure lets you install two 3.5in SATA (SATA, SATA II, SATA III) drives with support for a broad range of RAID applications including RAID 0, RAID 1, BIG, JBOD, SAFE33 & SAFE50.Delivering maximum versatility, the Dual SATA External Hard Drive Enclosure can be connected to a computer using either eSATA or USB 2.0, and features built-in port multiplier support that allows both of the installed SATA hard drives to be connected using a single eSATA connection to your computer (Port Multiplier capable eSATA host controller required).The hot-swappable trays allow you to quickly remove and install hard drives without having to reboot or disconnect the drive enclosure. Plus, the dual SATA hard drive enclosure offers built-in RAID support, which will rebuild the RAID array in the event a new drive is inserted - providing seamless uninterrupted communication with your PC and data. The eSATA USB Dual SATA HDD Enclosure features a sturdy and attractive silver aluminum casing that looks great in any environment and helps protect installed SATA hard drives and their valuable data content from in-transit damage, while providing maximum heat dissipation. Using Terabyte hard drives? Don’t expose your Hard Drive and valuable data to unnecessary heat! StarTech.com's eSATA/USB External Dual SATA Hot-swap Hard Drive Enclosure includes a large, built-in 50mm fan that re-distributes the heat build-up that's generated as a result of typical drive operation, which is especially important when using high capacity hard drives, and faster "spinning" drives (i.e 7200 RPM), as it can help keep drives running cooler, which can preserve data integrity and the drive's lifespan by reducing the chances of premature failures.

Color: Silver Brand: StarTech Model: S352U2RER Platform: Windows Format: CD Original language: English Number of items: 1 Dimensions: 7.01" h x 7.60" w x 10.71" l, 7.05 pounds Built-in support for numerous RAID modes for most personal/business needs and an 50mm cooling fan to keep drives from overheating Support for up to 2 SATA drives in front loading drive trays provide easily replaceable/upgradable storage over a high speed eSATA or USB 2.0 interface Backed by a StarTech.com 1 year warranty and free lifetime technical support Supports up to 2 SATA drives Supported RAID modes: 0, 1, JBOD, Spanning, SAFE33 and SAFE50 Individual removable hot-swap drive trays LED indicators for each drive, host interface and power Software GUI or on-board DIP switch configuration

The best customer feedback 2 of 2 people found the following review helpful. Good RAID enclosure W. Wang bought this for RAID 1 external backup a month ago. So far I'm happy with it. 1) The packaging is very good. The case feels sturdy and a bit too heavy. I like the on / off button on the front so that the business is easy. 2) The fan is loud. There is an on / off botton button in the back, but I always leave it to ensure that devices remain calm. 3) Block hard drive bays does not seem safe enough for me, because it becomes too easy. I would definitely try to secure the trays to the box before transport more. Do not allow children or pets touch it. Can happen to put units out of the box. 4) The instructions are not detailed enough, especially for non-IT person like me. It was a challenge for me during the installation of two 1 TB disk format. Eventually I managed to format the drive then put them back in a separate container attached to this RAID 1-configuration, and finally recognized by the computer, I accidentally hit the reset button once in the back to start rebuilding again . I hope there is enough guidance to beginners on how to install disk, format the drive, some warnings, etc. 5) Now I'm not sure if this is a bug or just me, I recently discovered this case is not compatible with my HP printer. UBS connection I use for both residential and printer. When both are connected at the same time, the RAID system being bumped off. So when I use the drive, I disconnect the printer. I can live with it, but do not know why this happens. I would appreciate if anyone knows a fix. 4 of 5 people found this review helpful. Very Abdulla Al Qubaisi When I came to this town site was pressuring me to get a NAS Although not necessary that I just needed an enclosure with RAID 1, so I surfed the net to find the best and, finally, I seemed incredible for that price I get a great software and a PCI card that has an eSATA port that this room was equipped with two 2 TB WD drives, and I found a lot of testing to make sure my information used to disappear, for example, I I copied over 700 GB of anime in the unit removes one of them (RAID 1) change the jumper to use the software and rebuilt in a matter of hours, 1 of 1 people found this helpful great product - the little documentation jessmull The site accepted my 02 February TB Hitachi drives with no problem, but could not get my computer or my computer at work to recognize the complex. I put the dip to work swithces RAID 1 (SAFE), because I wanted a full backup of the data that will fit the unit. What I did not know was that I like (Virgin) units not already been started or was partitioned, and the government does not automatically records the situation would have you believe that the installation is very simple - not so. After working with StarTech live chat support (they do a great job by the way) we finally realized that I would have to Windows 7 (in this case) disk mangement tool to use the drives to initialize and then the partition set . One problem was the way the government would be a "conversion" routine first two sample units to make them synchronized. Again, the documentation says nothing about whether the fact that 2 TB hard drives, this takes about 36 hours to perform. The end story is that everything is OK and the government is working and after several reuilds, live chats, etc. and one week in and around the work. With my eSATA connection of the connection and the transfer is fast. Would be real fast if I had SATA III compliant motherboard Anyway I would have not problem recommending this cabinet with the warning to be patient because it will take several days to get things set up and running. Installing pre-configured drives would.

0 comments:

Post a Comment