Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(44)
-
▼
September
(21)
- Western Digital 160 GB Caviar Blue SATA 7200 RPM 8...
- Thermaltake BlacX Duet eSATA USB Dual Hard Drives ...
- Hitachi Deskstar 3.5" 1TB 7200RPM SATA II 16MB Cac...
- Seagate BlackArmor NAS 440 4-Bay 6 TB (4 x 1.5 TB)...
- G-Technology G-DRIVE 1TB External Hard Drive w/ eS...
- Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1 TB SATA 32 MB Cache Bu...
- Seagate 1TB Barracuda 7200.11 Bulk/OEM Hard Drive ...
- D-Link DNS-321 2-Bay Network Attached Storage
- Hitachi Deskstar 3.5 Inch 1 TB 7200 RPM SATA II 32...
- Seagate BlackArmor NAS 420 4- Bay 2 TB (2 x 1 TB a...
- Seagate BlackArmor NAS 440 4-Bay 8 TB (4 x 2 TB) N...
- Data Robotics Drobo 4-Bay USB 2.0/FireWire 800 SAT...
- Vantec NexStar MX NST-400MX-SR Dual 3.5-Inch SATA ...
- Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 7200RPM SATA 3Gb/s 32 MB Ca...
- Seagate Barracuda 2.0 TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 64MB C...
- Seagate STAK100 FreeAgent GoFlex Net Media Sharing...
- Western Digital 1.5 TB Caviar Green SATA Intellipo...
- Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Home 2 TB STAM2000100
- Seagate Constellation ES 2 TB 7200RPM SATA 3Gb/s 6...
- Seagate BlackArmor NAS 440 4-Bay 4 TB (4 x 1 TB) N...
- Seagate BlackArmor NAS 220 2-Bay 2 TB (2 x 1 TB) N...
-
▼
September
(21)
Seagate 1TB Barracuda 7200.11 Bulk/OEM Hard Drive ST31000340AS
ST31000340AS Seagate
Brand: Seagate Model: ST31000340AS Dimensions: 1.02" h x 4.00" w x 5.78" l, 1.41 pounds Hard Disk: 1TB Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging 1 TB SATA NCQ internal hard drive is ideal for performance PCs, gaming, workstations, desktop RAID, and more 32 MB cache buffer; 7200 RPM for fast read/write times; Perpendicular recording for increased data density Adaptive Fly Height offers consistent read/write performance from the beginning to the end of your computing workload
Most helpful customer reviews 30 of 30 people found this review helpful. Reliability problem by Eric Hopper I bought four of these for a RAID5 setup in September. So far I have two of them fail. One was a hard failure in which the controller does not work completely, and the second shows a lot of searching errors in the SMART data and says it will soon fail. The two began to click on their head (a sign of a recovery because of an error) just days after I got them. Seagate replaced the complete failure within a few days after I reported it, and now I send them back the broken unit. I bought a new unit tomorrow, I expect as a spare parts replacement, and I will return and shipping back the unit with all search report errors quickly. The different units have been good, but 50% is not very good reliability statistics, and it is my primary measure for a unit. On the other hand, I did buy two units from the same family, two ST3500320AS drives. They worked perfectly on my desktop in a RAID 1 because I'm 29 of 32 people found this review helpful. No detail by Paul Hackel OEM is a OEM disk so that all that you do not get screws or SATA cable so you have at hand. Also save on your hard drive before installing you need the serial number from the disk to do for your 5-year warranty. A good value for GB is ideal for back-up 16 of 16 people found this review helpful. Excellent hard time getting a good No. In Goodman is an OEM disk as many commentators have noted, but this should be expected of all records sold by Amazon for less than the sales package is indicated in the product description. This should not be a problem for most people because most motherboards come with SATA cables and provides the majority now have the power SATA these days, but if you need these items and choose the screws of units sold only in retail package. Now on the disk. The unit is very quiet and works well when you get a good reurn I had continued to take many good results. I think the reason is because of poor packaging that others have noticed. Units that arrived in good working conditions were in sealed anti-static packaging with black plastic end caps support units. Those that were problematic were anti-static bags, but only came wrapped in a layer of bubble wrap or syrofoam. One came in a plastic holder which is not about shooting was still closed. This was totally unacceptable. I have to think Amazon will find their hard drive far less return, if the sources use the term their shipping practices acceptable. The device is really a 5 star unit, especially with his 5-year warranty, but the number of 1-star shipping practices. It is therefore my overall rating is 3 stars. Two points to note: 1) Remember to remove the jumper on the drive so it can operate in SATA-II (300 MB / s vs. 150 MB / s) and 2) Seagate.c you can download the program to the drive bay SeaTools diagnostic hard, but was forwarned With version 1.1.0.21 SeaTools diagnostic tests for short and long against my car, not units. I worked at this a long time thinking it was a problem with the motherboard or the drive cable worked fine otherwise. I finially realized that the version on my PC Othe SeaTools v1.1.0.19 and it worked without any problem! I called Seagate and has a variety of responses. Technology initially said "Drive is bad. Send it back for replacement." After discovering that 1.1.0.19 works very well, I called again. New Technologies, said, "Yes, it is recommended to run the Windows version, there may be interaction with the operating system." I understand your comment, but since v1.1.0.19 works very well, I'm inclined to believe that Seagate has to work on your Windows version of SeaTools. Recommended only the beginning of the PC in DOS and use the DOS version of the reliability of the test better.
0 comments:
Post a Comment