Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(44)
-
▼
September
(21)
- Western Digital 160 GB Caviar Blue SATA 7200 RPM 8...
- Thermaltake BlacX Duet eSATA USB Dual Hard Drives ...
- Hitachi Deskstar 3.5" 1TB 7200RPM SATA II 16MB Cac...
- Seagate BlackArmor NAS 440 4-Bay 6 TB (4 x 1.5 TB)...
- G-Technology G-DRIVE 1TB External Hard Drive w/ eS...
- Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1 TB SATA 32 MB Cache Bu...
- Seagate 1TB Barracuda 7200.11 Bulk/OEM Hard Drive ...
- D-Link DNS-321 2-Bay Network Attached Storage
- Hitachi Deskstar 3.5 Inch 1 TB 7200 RPM SATA II 32...
- Seagate BlackArmor NAS 420 4- Bay 2 TB (2 x 1 TB a...
- Seagate BlackArmor NAS 440 4-Bay 8 TB (4 x 2 TB) N...
- Data Robotics Drobo 4-Bay USB 2.0/FireWire 800 SAT...
- Vantec NexStar MX NST-400MX-SR Dual 3.5-Inch SATA ...
- Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 7200RPM SATA 3Gb/s 32 MB Ca...
- Seagate Barracuda 2.0 TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 64MB C...
- Seagate STAK100 FreeAgent GoFlex Net Media Sharing...
- Western Digital 1.5 TB Caviar Green SATA Intellipo...
- Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Home 2 TB STAM2000100
- Seagate Constellation ES 2 TB 7200RPM SATA 3Gb/s 6...
- Seagate BlackArmor NAS 440 4-Bay 4 TB (4 x 1 TB) N...
- Seagate BlackArmor NAS 220 2-Bay 2 TB (2 x 1 TB) N...
-
▼
September
(21)
Seagate BlackArmor NAS 440 4-Bay 4 TB (4 x 1 TB) Network Attached Storage ST340005SHA10G-RK
The BlackArmor NAS 440 is a complete, small-business-specific network storage solution designed to provide optimum uptime and data integrity to ensure business continuity for up to 50 workstations. Continuously and automatically protect business-critical data with full-system backup, bare metal restore, and individual file to entire volume encryption. Preserve data integrity or enhance performance with RAID 0/1/5/10 and JBOD configuration options. Access files securely over the internet from any popular web browser no special software required. The BlackArmor NAS 440 storage server makes no compromises when it comes to hardware, with 7200 RPM Seagate drives, 1.2 GHZ processor, 256 MB RAM and dual Gigabit Ethernet ports, you will experience incredible performance including read speeds of up to 50 MB/s in RAID 5 configuration. The dual Gigabit Ethernet ports can also be connected to your network in tandem for port failover protection or use one for network connectivity and the other for NAS to NAS replication. The one front-mounted and three rear-mounted USB 2.0 ports allow you to connect external USB hard drives for additional storage, manage off-site data rotation, easily share a USB printer with all of your network connected workstations or connect a UPS (uninterrupted power supply) to safeguard from power failure. The BlackArmor NAS 440 storage server includes four energy efficient, reliable Seagate hard drives, which are easily removeable without tools. Swapping a hard drive usually involves screws, a screwdriver and a little elbow grease. But with our unique cartridge system, you simply secure the drive with pins attached to the cartridge and then slide the cartridge into the drive bay. Since the drives are hot-swappable, there is no need to shut the server down for maintenance or upgrades.Backed by a 3-year limited warranty from Seagate, the world leader in storage technology.
Size: 4 TB Color: black Brand: Seagate Model: ST340005SHA10G-RK Platform: Windows Format: CD Number of items: 1 Dimensions: 6.30" h x 10.59" w x 8.15" l, 13.60 pounds Hard Disk: 1TB Two Ethernet ports for local network connection, port failover and NAS to NAS replication Four USB 2.0 ports for external drives, printers and UPS and Four internal SATA II ports 7200 RPM, 4 TB, 32 Cache Designed for small business to provide optimum uptime and data integrity for up to 50 workstations. Supports Windows XP and Vista operating systems and Mac OS X 10.4.11 or later.
Optimum uptime and data integrity for small businesses Seagate BlackArmor NAS 420 Storage Server View Larger
Most helpful customer reviews 19 of 21 people found the following review helpful. It is currently on Truckin '- so I keep coming back for more ... Bryan Whitaker I read the previous review that it is a nightmare to install, and I must say it is piece of cake for me ... Now I have not been under tremendous stress, but so far very stable. When the software goes, I installed the Seagate only "discovery" program, used it in the web interface, then configure everything from there. When I configured the basics I de-installed the discovery program and threw the disc in the box. I'm just using it as a file server, but my media center connected to it effortlessly through SMB / CIFS, and everything else gets a hard IP address. So far it's not beaten a beat, even with simultaneous read / write operations. ** UPDATE ** -------------- (JUNE 2010) It's almost a year since I wrote the review above, and I wanted to update my review: While I have not used any of additional elements that drive (eg global acess or Backup utility Seagate) has been going strong without a single hitch. My setup is very simple, and can highly recommend putting this behind a UPS of some kind (also small). When I bought this unit I also bought another (cheaper one) to have some sort of basis for comparison. Now, a year later and I need another one NAS to another program, I need this time because performace-wise it was solid rock, I found the interface to be clear, intuitive and well developed. The next program that will put one in a much more mission-critical position and will be responsible. This request may be better indicators of its speed as it pushes the limit of network interface it is and hit him with three different protocols at the same time, I'll be back ... May 5 people found the following review helpful. This is the NAS for small business! To rbhatta This will be a review, while the expectations of the product is needed to establish the rights of buyers of this product. To give you a background where I come let me start with the fact that I work for a global IT company that has been developing and selling solutions for enterprise-class RAID storage for years, since the good old days RAID SCSI and since we have been developing Fibre Channel and SAS storage devices and ventured into the cloud and understand very well the limitations and customer expectations. The most common complaint I have is my NAS is performing slowly, the web interface sucks, or it takes ages to rebuild my RAID array. But these common symptoms are nothing to do with the hardware product, but as a client access and use the NAS and what expectations were at the disposal of the solution to the customer BlackArmor Coming to NAS 440 NAS storage device from Seagate, the product documentation Obviously! This was meant for a "shared storage" for small businesses, as one hopes that they can use in a home environment that will be disappointed, especially when multiple devices attempt to high bitrate Blu-Ray or HD MKV video, or video stream out Hi-Def camcorder, etc., outside this box, but for people using word doc or Excel files editing in a shared environment and CIFS backup purposes in a small office environment is perfect little device that is protected by one or RAID 5 redundancy and encryption for peace of mind. There are a lot of negativity from the users of this product here at Amazon and elsewhere together, but we must be realistic about the expectations of 7200 rpm SATA hard drives interfaced in RAID 5 configuration, there is only so much these SATA drives can as an interface with a heavy underpowered RAID / server controller with multiple possible service, enterprise-class RAID storage with SAS drives and dual Fibre Channel or channel for redundancy and that works.
0 comments:
Post a Comment